- etch rate of up to 10 µm/min
- aspect ratio up to 40:1
- selectivity to positive resist > 75:1
- selectivity to silicon oxide >150:1
- etch depth capability 10 to 675 µm (through wafer etching)
- sidewall profile 90°±1°
- feature size 5µm to >10 mm
DRIE is a high aspect ratio, deep trench silicon etching process. The principle of the deep trench silicon etching process is an alternating fluorine based etching and passivation of the structures. This results in sidewall profiles of 90°±1° with aspect ratios of up to 40:1. Masking layers can be i.e. made of photo resist or silicon oxide.
There are currently three Alcatel 601E/AMS200 systems and one STS/ICP system installed.